Position: PF/C College: Duke Class/YOB: Freshman
Height: 6’10 Weight: 250 Wingspan: 7’5
- Grown man body. Physically ready to compete in the NBA.
- High-IQ. Shows understanding and patience making plays with his back-to-basket.
- Great hands and touch. Grabs rebounds at a high rate and can finish from different angles.
- Good head on his shoulders. Doesn’t try to do too much. Knows who he is as a player.
- Pick-and-pop potential. Sets solid screens and consistently connects from the mid-range. Also shot 41% from the college line, so he should be able to expand a little bit.
- Terrific feel as a passer. Playing with Marvin Bagley, he was able to show off playmaking skill out of the high post. Good big-to-big passer.
- Underrated shot-blocker. Length and timing let him contest and get his hands on shots in the paint.
- Poor pick-and-roll defender. Has slow feet when he hedges. Struggles to stay in front on switches.
- Solid athlete vertically, but doesn’t have the quickness of other bigs in the class.
- Kind of hidden behind Bagley at Duke. Has the scoring ability to be a more featured post piece. Can he handle the rigors of playing high minutes while defending and scoring on the block?