Position: C College: Arizona Class/YOB: Freshman
Height: 7’1 Weight: 250 Wingspan: 7’6
- Light on his feet and crafty in the post. Has a wide range of moves to punish defenders on the block.
- Comfortable operating on the perimeter. Can step out and hit NBA-range threes. He has a nice high release on his jumper. Can also take guys off the bounce with a two or three dribbles.
- Skilled passer that can deliver the ball out of double teams or make plays from the high post
- Physically impressive. He’s built like a grown man and can jump out of the gym. Has look of a modern NBA big.
- Big-time rebounder. Cleans the glass with consistency.
- Shows potential to become a threat as a rim protector. Just a matter of want to on that end.
- Doesn’t seem to have a killer instinct. Appeared to give up in the first-round upset against Buffalo. Had a lot of games where he put up big numbers but wasn’t particularly willing his team to victory.
- Can be lazy defensively. Has the physical tools to be impactful but lacks attention to detail. Shows slow reaction time and lagging feet when defending. Played out of position at Arizona so he may have less difficulty guarding true fives.
- Can get hot on the perimeter but settles for jumpers too often. He will benefit from spending more time in the paint taking advantage of his size and post skills.