Maryland freshman Jalen Smith may be better served staying another year in college. If he leaves, his long-term potential is worth the investment.
|Position: PF||From: Maryland||Class/YOB: Freshman|
|Height: 6’10||Weight: 215||Wingspan: N/A|
- Relentless offensive rebounder who is always putting in second and third efforts
- Athletic finisher around the rim. Punches home dump off passes and elevates for lobs with ease
- Promising touch. Has a good mid-range jump shot that he didn’t shoot a lot of this season. Three-point range will follow with more development
- Projects as a useful defender that has the ability to challenge shots around the rim and make players work on the perimeter
- Needs to add strength. Has a projectable physique that should be able to pack on muscle
- Can expose mismatches in the post but is largely a guy who prefers doing work in face-up positions. Back-to-basket game needs work
- High energy guy that can play with other good players. But can he handle the role as a primary big?
- Ball-handling could use some refinement. He’s further along than a lot of bigs, but his play style is going to flourish with a tighter handle