Position: C College: Texas Class/YOB: Freshman
Height: 7’1 Weight: 225 Wingspan: 7’10
- Historic length. Long arms allow shot-blocking and rebounding to come easy.
- Good agility. Covers ground effortlessly with long strides. A chance to be a menace as a screen defender.
- All-Defensive potential as a rim-protector. Was the most fearsome shot-blocker in college basketball and will only become better in the paint as he puts on strength.
- Projectable shooting form. Didn’t hesitate to take threes at Texas, though he didn’t hit too many. Comfort as a face-up big is promising. Pre-draft workouts have already shown significant improvement in this area.
- Good kid who will keep adding dimensions to his game.
- Physically immature. His frame doesn’t suggest he’ll ever be a well-built force. But can definitely improve core and upper-body strength to avoid being knocked off his spot.
- Post-game is rudimentary. Doesn’t have too much to go to right now other than his turnaround. The length makes that an unguardable shot but needs some more options down low.
- Average passer. Can handle fairly well for a 7-footer, but isn’t adept at making plays for others. Probably won’t be doubled much in the NBA, though.
- Is a real project offensively. Has a ways to go with reading defenses and floating on the perimeter hunting jumpers.
- Energy level and impact were inconsistent at Texas. Opponents always felt him as a defender but offensively his effort wavered. I am not too worried about it as a pro.